By: VTC's Wellness Team
5 Healthy Drink Hacks
CHEERS TO GOOD HEALTH!
There are endless life hacks that make being healthy just a little bit easier. A lot of times they are simple swaps that can make a HUGE difference.
We are going to share with you the top 5 best tips and hacks to stop drinking your calories and prioritize your health.
1. Coffee Swaps
Calling all Coffee Lovers!
Start paying attention to the fancy drinks you are buying at Starbucks. There are hidden empty calories that provide little to no nutritional value.
- Swap your sweetener: instead of sugar ask for stevia or cinnamon
- Skip the Whipped Cream: The standard whipped cream serving adds 82 calories
- Switch your syrup: One pump contains 20 calories, and a standard grande has 4 pumps. Try doing 2 pumps or asking for a sugar-free syrup.
Healthier Starbucks Menu:
10 Healthy Starbucks Drinks that Actually Taste Amazing
18 Healthy Starbucks Drinks That Taste Indulgent
For more swaps follow our Instagram @vitatradingco
2. Add Flavor to Your Water
We all know that drinking water is essential to a living a healthy lifestyle. But we also know that it can get simply boring.
BUT it doesn't have to be. There are so many fun ways to flavor your water by infusing it with fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
The opportunities are endless and infusing your water is surprisingly easy.
Infused Water Combinations:
- Orange & Citrus Blueberry: two oranges, cup of blueberries & filtered water
- Cucumber & Mint: one cucumber, few fresh mint leaves, & filtered water
- Lemon & Strawberry: 15-20 strawberries, a fresh lemon, & filtered water
- Lime, Pineapple, & Coconut: 1 lime, 1 cup pineapple, 1 cup coconut & filtered water
- Cinnamon & Apple: Chopped apple, one stick of cinnamon, & filtered water
Here are more recipes to make drinking water that much easier:
20 Fruit Infused Water Combinations You Can Try At Home
3. Switch your Milk
You've probably seen an influx of plant-based milk in your grocery store. But Why?
Plant-based milks are significantly lower in calorie, fat and sugar.
|Dairy||80 to 150|
|Almond||30 to 90|
|Coconut||40 to 80|
|Cashew||25 to 50|
They are also more sustainably made!
4. Mix Collagen & MCT Oil
Supplements can be added to your favorite beverages for major health benefits.
Collagen & MCT Oil are supplements that complement each other well. They provide a more balanced supplement by giving you a serving of protein and fat. This combo can be effective in suppressing hunger cravings, and help you feel fuller for longer.
5. Mark Your Water Bottle
You may have seen these water bottles around... If you have not, basically it is a reuseable water bottle with markers throughout the day to make sure you a drinking water.
There's something about being able to see your progress that encourages you to keep on keeping on. It helps to reach your personal water goal each day and feel accomplished about doing so!
You can make your own or buy a new one! This one is a favorite due to the positive messaging and fun colors!
STAY UP TO DATE ON HEALTH AND WELLNESS TRENDS!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest news,
trends, tips, and info!
Published: June 3, 2022