By: VTC's Wellness Team
Chunky Monkey Frozen Banana Pops
A frozen, healthy treat made from the classic combination of chocolate, peanut butter and bananas!
Get ready for the summer-time sweet treats. With the infamous chocolate-peanut butter duo layered over a frozen banana, this recipe will have everyone grabbing for more. These chunky monkey banana pops are a favorite pool side snack for all ages.
Simple & Easy is how we like it!
Start with your peeled bananas, cut them in half and add the popsicle sticks for easy eating later.
Next... Spread your nut butter of choice onto bananas
Lower calorie option: Use PB2 (powdered peanut butter mixture)
Not a fan of nut butter? Simply don't add it. They are delicious with or without it!
Now the fun part!
Melt chocolate chips with VTC's MCT Oil & dunk the bananas.
Almost there... just add your toppings and pop them into the freezer!
Chunky Monkey Frozen Pops
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
YIELD: 6 Pops
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 tbsp smooth nut butter
- 1 cup dark or regular chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbsp VTC C8 Pure MCT Oil
- Handful of peanuts
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- Tall cup for dipping
- Access to freezer
- Peel & Cut bananas in half
- Insert popsicle sticks to the cut end of each halved banana
- Spread about 1 tbsp of nut butter onto each banana
- Microwave together MCT Oil and chocolate chips until smooth
- Dunk the coated bananas into melted chocolate
- Place onto freezer safe pan or plate
- Add desired toppings (peanuts, sprinkles, coconut flakes)
- Freeze for at least 2 hours
GET OUR LATEST RECIPES!
Subscribe to the Vita Blog to receive more delish recipes and wellness info directly to your inbox!
Article credit : Heidi Cohen ( https://heidicohen.com/use-blog-to-sell/ )