By: VTC's Wellness Team
Creamy Protein Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a perfect breakfast option to start your day off on the right foot. Packed with healthy benefits and truly you can make it so delicious!
Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth. They are a gluten-free whole grain and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Studies show that oats and oatmeal have many health benefits. These include weight loss, lower blood sugar levels, and a reduced risk of heart disease. (1)
zero refined sugar - gluten free - high protein - gut-friendly
This recipe is so simple and you can truly make it your own by adding different toppings and flavors
First, add your oats to a medium sized sauce pan, followed by your plant_ based milk
Simmer over medium heat and bring to a boil.
Stir & reduce to low heat for about 5 minutes
Add in protein powder & collagen and mix
Add in extra plant milk if needed (this will depend on the collagen and protein powder you use)
You're almost done!
The final step is our favorite part!
Add the toppings... some favorites of ours are berries, banana, nut butter, nuts, seeds, honey, sugar, granola, and cinnamon
Creamy Collagen Oatmeal
TIME: 10 MINTUES
YIELD: 1 bowl
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp Collagen Peptides
- 1 scoop plant-based protein of choice
- Frozen berries
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Seeds (chia, flax, pumpkin, hemp)
- Brown sugar
- Greek Yogurt
- Etc. The opportunities are endless!
- Add oats and plant milk to a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat
- Bring to boil and mix frequently
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add in Collagen & Protein Powder and mix (add additional milk/water if needed
- Place into bowl, add toppings, and enjoy!
Article credit : Heidi Cohen ( https://heidicohen.com/use-blog-to-sell/ )