By: VTC's Wellness Team
Homemade Crunchy Granola
Traditional store-bought granola often has a TON of added oils and sugars. So why not make your favorite granola at home with the most simple ingredients?
This recipe can be made in large batches and snacked on through the week. Delicious, crunchy, and healthy, what more could you ask for? Add it on top of your smoothies, yogurt bowls, or eat it on it's own, which ever way you choose this recipe is a MUST!
With any granola, the main ingredient is your oats!
Start by pouring 1 1/2 cups into a medium sized mixing bowl
Get creative and add your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruit, or coconut flakes
Don't forget VTC's Collagen Peptides which will provide that enhanced hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C Complex to make your skin GLOW!
It is important to include a sticky, sweet substance that will hold together your granola.
Examples: Maple Syrup, Honey, Date Syrup
Now it's time to mix, pour, and spread!
That's it you're done!
Pop the tray into the oven and your delicious treat is on the way!
TIP: Halfway through baking, mix the granola around so it will get an even bake
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
YIELD: 2 Cups
- 1 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 tbsp VTC Collagen Peptides
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup mixed nuts (walnuts & almonds)
- 2/3 cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- Dash of Vanilla
- Handful of dried fruit (blueberries, golden berries, etc.)
- Oven -safe baking tray
- Non-stick baking paper
- Pre heat oven to 325 Degrees Fahrenheit & Line baking tray with non-stick paper
- Combine Ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Spread mixture onto baking tray making an even layer
- Bake for 30-35 mintues - give granola a stir halfway through
- Cool for 10 minutes before breaking into smaller pieces
- Place into air tight container for up to 1 month
GET OUR LATEST RECIPES!
Subscribe to the Vita Blog to receive more delish recipes and wellness info directly to your inbox!
Article credit : Heidi Cohen ( https://heidicohen.com/use-blog-to-sell/ )