By: VTC's Wellness Team
KETO COCONUT LIME POPSICLES
With summer quickly coming to a close, it's not too late to squeeze in some last minute frozen indulgence. Our creamy coconut popsicles are only made with 6 ingredients and with only 1 net carb, they will leave you feeling refreshed and guilt free.
If you are a coconut lover, this recipe is for you! Naturally sweetened and packed with healthy brain and body fueling fats, these will be a go to summer staple for years to come.
NUTRIENT PACKED INGREDIENTS
COCONUT CREAM/MILK. Coconut cream and milk is known for its abilities to bring rich nutty flavors and creamy texture to either your sweet or savory dishes. It also brings a profile of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals to the table. With over 20% of your RDI in Iron, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese and Selenium, it's packed with health boosting goodies. Additionally, studies have shown a link to coconut and cholesterol/heart health benefits [1, 2, 3].
LIME. Though small, limes are loaded with nutrients - particularly vitamin C. This key nutrient is essential in boosting the immune system. Limes are also a good source of antioxidants, defending cells against free radicals. Both vitamin C and antioxidants may promote healthy skin.[4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11].
VTC C8 MCT OIL. A medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) is extracted from coconut and palm kernel. This super fat provides quick, stable energy to the brain and body, promotes healthy weight loss, boosts gut and immune health, as well as supports healthy cholesterol [12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17]
KETO COCONUT LIME POPSICLES
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 2 hours 10 mins
- 2/3 cup Coconut Cream (canned) - shaken well
- 13.5 fl oz Unsweetened Coconut Milk (canned, full-fat)
- 1 tbsp. VTC C8 MCT Oil
- Stevia - sweetened to your taste
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp. Lime Zest
- Prepare an 8-10 cavity popsicle mold.
- Combine all ingredients, at room temperature, into a high-speed blender and blend on high for 45 seconds.
- Pour combined popsicle mix into your molds, placing a popsicle stick in the center of each mold.
- Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours to set the popsicles.
- Once frozen, release popsicles, running warm water over end of mold to help release if needed.
- In a small bowl, mix Unsweetened Shredded Coconut and Lime Zest.
- Dip the top of the frozen popsicle into lukewarm water for 2 seconds, then quickly dip into shredded coconut and lime mix.
- Popsicles may be stored in the mold within an airtight container for up to 8 weeks in the freezer. This will help maintain creaminess and prevent crystal formation.
GET OUR LATEST RECIPES!
Subscribe to the Vita Blog to receive more delish recipes and wellness info directly to your inbox!
Article credit : Heidi Cohen ( https://heidicohen.com/use-blog-to-sell/ )